Practice when you want…with this substitute for animal eyes!
The Phake-i is a patented surgical practice eye designed to improve surgical skills. Modeled after the human eye, the Phake-i is dimensionally correct and approximates the shape, size and feel of the human eye.
The Phake-i has the following features:
- Central corneal thickness of 0.5 mm
- Peripheral corneal thickness of 0.8 mm
- Corneal diameter of 12 mm
- Dilated 8 mm pupil
- Lens anterior capsular thickness of 0.0004″
- Lens material consists of a central solid core and a softer cortex suitable for hydrodelineation, chopping, phaco-emulsification and irrigation/aspiration
- Realistic feel of an incision
- Suitable for stainless steel or diamond knives and other instruments
- Non-toxic, fully recyclable
The Phake-i is ideal for practicing key ophthalmic procedures:
- Repair of corneal and scleral lacerations
- Corneal incisions and suturing
- Scleral flaps and scleral tunnels
- Intravitreal injections
- IOL (PC-AC) implants/explants
- Capsular Tension Rings
- Iris expanders/hooks
- Limbal Relaxing Incisions (LRI)
- Penetrating Keratoplasty
The Phake-i is used for surgical training and allows multiple different procedures to be performed on the same eye. However, a capsulotomy and phaco-emulsification can only be performed once per eye.